My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
patrinif

NMEA2000

Hi everyone, this is my first post; i'm the proud owner (of two months now) of a 2008 270CR it has the 5.7 osxi-g (i believe it was built in 2007).

First i want to say i love the boat. Myquestion for everyone is the engine NMEA200 ready? i added a Lowrance HDS-5 gen 2 chartplotter with sirius satellite weather and sonar, and i would like to add information from the engine, in order to get fuel comsumption, oil press and temp. and all the other info that comes with it.

a little more info if it helps, when i bought the boat the dealer had pulled the engine readout, from it; i don't know if that makes it nmea 2000 or not.

on a different question i wanted to change the gear oil on the lower unit and i saw that volvo has their own prop wrench for the duo prop. is it different or can i get a generic one.

i hope i didn't confuse anyone and thank you in advance for your help

Francesco

Your engine most likely is NMEA200 . But in 2007 some were, some weren't, so I can't help much there.

For the prop wrench, you can make one for cheap.

Get a piece of 2" steel pipe. 30 seconds with the angle grinder and a couple minutes with a dremel to make the ID a little larger and you will have the special tool! Just use a pipe wrench. All in all it cost me about $4 and maybe 15 minutes and worked great!

prop_wrench.jpg

Or get the VP wrench for $35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-Penta-D-F-Duo-Prop-Wrench-/110981848116?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d7089c34