My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
CWO Don

Making New Storage

We just bought a 204FS and really like it. Much better than the pontoon boat. Anyway, I was thinking about storage areas and came to the conclusion that if I put a bomar hatch or similar fitting into the side of the consoles fwd of the dashs and aft of the front seats I could gain a lot of space. Does anyone know if there is foam or anything in this area or is it just a void that could be used for a better purpose. It wouldn't be a structural issue but don't want to damage a new boat. Thanks.

Don

I have never pulled any panels off mine yet to see what is back there. Some wiring for the fuse panel, gages and helm switches for sure, and probably not much on the port side but stereo wiring.

Some builders put a hinge on the back of the bow seats so the cushion lifts up to gain access. I don't think you will drasrically hurt the structural integrity if you cut out some of the glass behind the cushions.

CWO Don, did you act on this project? If so how did it turn out? I also have a 204FS and have thought about cutting into that area.

Chris