My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
MARKBARBER42

2020 224FS

I purchased this boat with a phoenix trailer and at the first washing I noticed that the (2) outside bunks do not come in contact with my hull at the stern for approximately 5'-6" past the wind chine, anyone else notice this problem with a newly purchased boat?  

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

I'll have mine on it's Pheonix trailer in a couple of weeks, and I'll check.  I'm guessing mine will be the same, but don't have a picture of the underside.  Although I may have a video the dealer took that shows it.  Will check.

It just dawned on me that I never got back to you.  I looked at my set up and it's exactly the same. Behind the chine there's a gap over the bunk like yours, although the stern does sit on the bunks on mine.  There's just a gap between the chine and where the hull rest on the bunk toward the stern.  At first I thought it was a bad design, then I though through the boat not being able to slide rearward on launch if the bunk was up against the hull near the chine.

Hello, this is a little off topic, but I have been searching around to find the exact trailer dimensions for a 224FS, and this is the closest I have found. I have ordered a 2022, and apparently there is a trailer supply shortage and the only trailer available to me from the dealer I am just not crazy about the looks (I-beam aluminum). So, I purchased a painted black trailer, but this leaves me responsible for setting up the bunks. I was wondering if either of you would be able to take some measurements of your trailer to guide me in the right direction. I have the owners manual with trailering dimensions, but they leave some ambiguity for a first time trailer setup. If anybody is able to assist I will post an image with the exact dimensions I am looking for.

Thanks,

Trevor