My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Alec Alessandra

RCL-75 Spotlight & Alternatives

So, during the sea trial of my new to me 2018 Monterey 355 SY, the surveyor noted that the ACR brand RCL 75 spotlight wasn't working.   It does rotate and alsotraverses up and down using the dash mounted key pad.   However, we don't get lights to illuminate.   So, we chalked it up to the Halogen Bulbs being burned out.   Well, upon further investigation and emails with customer support at ACR, they indicate that the RCL 75 is discontinued, they don't support it anymore, and that bulbs are even unavailable.   I've called local dealers for ACR and none of they support it.  I have tried to order the bulb on line from a few manufacturers but all say the replacement bulbs are backordered or not available.   And there doesn't appear to be a set of LED's to swap into the RCL 75 to make it work.   Thus my questions:

A.  Has anyone had luck finding the correct bulbs recently?

B.  Has anyone swapped out a RCL 75 with another spotlight, and if so, would you mind sharing details of your upgrade?

Thanks in advance.  The procedure for removing/replacing bulbs is quite complex so it's not a simple "just go open the spotlight and see if the bulbs are shot."  

Alec