My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
markorogge

Just bought a 2006 290 cruiser ...any advice?

To drain them, just turn on the faucets. To use them, fill them from the Water inlet, and make sure there is no

left over antifreeze from winterization. I would not drink the water without some kind of filter installed in-line.

I always run the pink environmentally safe antifreeze in the winter thru the whole water system. Come boating season I run a few tanks thru the system of fresh water. After that I run a tank with a small amount of bleach added thru the system . After that I put some type of water tank additive that I buy from a local marine supply store ( Westmarine ) in every tank after we fill it with fresh water .

We do not drink our tank water , we just use it for washing dishes, washing hands and things like that . If you have a hot water tank , be sure to always run both your hot and cold sides so that water is constantly flowing from both the hot and cold lines . We do not use our water heater ( turn it on ) , but we make sure to always run both HOT/COLD ... One season we tended to only turn on the cold when using the water, and one day we turned on the hot side after it sat for about two weeks and the water started to have a stench to it .

Good luck - - I have a 2007 270 Sport Cruiser and I love it .