My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
SteveO

214FS Bow Ladder. What's the purpose?

I bought a '09 with a bow ladder, excited for the kids to play off the front of the boat while the adults enjoyed their time. So I sent the kids off the front of the boat but they couldn't reach the ladder to get back up, the ladder only extended half way to the water. The ladder also rests on the chrome side gaurd so when you apply pressure to the ladder it dents the chrome. I'm confused. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks,

Steve (Seattle)

I bought a '09 with a bow ladder, excited for the kids to play off the front of the boat while the adults enjoyed their time. So I sent the kids off the front of the boat but they couldn't reach the ladder to get back up, the ladder only extended half way to the water. The ladder also rests on the chrome side gaurd so when you apply pressure to the ladder it dents the chrome. I'm confused. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks,

Steve (Seattle)

Hello Steve,

The forward ladder is designed for boarding from the beach or sand bar. Make certain that the side supports are pulled all the way out before extending the ladder downward.