My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
richard66

Monterey 180 Montura 4.3 ltr 6 cil 190 Hp build '99

I wonder if someone can help me out to find a owners manual on the internet for the Monterey 180 Montura 4.3 ltr 6cil 190 Hp build in 1999.

I just purchased this boat wich is imported from the UK to the Netherlands and would like to have a owners manual and technical manual.

The main thing Iam interested in at the moment, is the dry weight of this boat with a 6 cil engine, because I have plans to trailer this boat and also need to purchase a trailer fit for this boat and my car.

If the weight of this Boat is the same as the 180 Edge build in 2000 - 2004 it should be 2000 Lbs (908 kg), only thing is that the 180 Edge is equipped with the standard 3 ltr 4 cil 135 Hp, I actually don't now the weight differance between an 4 and 6 cil engine.

hope someone can help me out.

Best regards,

Richard Ubels, the Netherlands

Hello Richard,

Unfortunately, the owner's manual specific to the 180 Montura was destroyed in a fire in late 1999. The manual most similar to your boat would be the 180 Edge Sport boat manual.

To obtain an engine manual, please contact Merc or Volvo International direct (mercurymarine.com or volvopenta.com).

The DRY weight of the 1999 180 Montura is appx 2000 lbs. Weights are approximate because they are based on the average of 7 to 10 boats coming down the production line. Please keep in mind that dry weight means only the boat and the engine- no fuel, batteries, gear, etc. on board.

The weight difference between the 4 and the 6 cylinder can be as much as 200-300 pounds depending on which outdrive is installed (DP/SX,Alpha/Bravo).