My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
GetAway

Question for MOST CO detector

I just purchased a 2000 242 Cruiser. On the starboard side aft bulkhead of the mid cabin there's a rectangle plastic holder with a mini 2 prong red plastic electrical fitting. Is this were a CO detector should be located? If so, who made the detector and where would I be able to purchase one? There's nothing there at the present time but the wires and the white plastic holder.

Hello Getaway,

That part number is #DETECTOR-CMD-2M-CO, Fireboy-Xintex, Inc. (616-735-9380) or fireboy-xintex.com. You will have to purchase one through Fireboy-Xintex or any marine supply store as these are no longer a stock item here at the factory. The current detector used in production at this time is part #CMD-4M-FCB and is also a Fireboy product which can also be purchased through your Monterey dealer.

Keep in mind the CO detectors are 12V and react to low battery situations with an intermittent beep........beep........beep. If CO is detected in the cabin it is a constant beep.beep.beep. It is also a good idea to remove the detector when the boat is being stored as they are also sensitive to chemicals and poor air quality. Store it in a ziplock airtight bag or container.

Thank you for the information. I will be picking up a unit ASAP and also a round unit for the galley/bearthing area too.