My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Heath

Monterey 270CR Review

Hi All,

I've just purchased a black 2006 270CR with 80 hours on the clock, I wasn't able to find many reviews on the type when I was looking around. The link below was what one Aussie reviewer thought of it and the only one I could find at the time. does any one know of, or have any other professional reviews?

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/reviews/2005/sports-cruiser/monterey/monterey-270-8692

Cheers

Heath

Hi Heath ,

Mate I'm in Western Australia and I am just about to purchase a 2008 270CR , it is hard to find much info on these boats , so I'm looking forward to going out in the ocean on her to see how she handles, Its on a trailer so i may also be in the market for a F-Truck or similar , mate any info you have or anyone on here about how they ride would be much appreciated, thanks.

Here is a personal review from a long time Monterey owner (He now owns a 330SY)

My experience with my 270 was and is AWSOME (knock on woods) I took delivery of my 2005 leftover on May 2006. As of today, I spend 73 hours on it, without A SINGLE problem.

The boat handles waves very very good, goes on plane with 6 people on board with no problem, I have the 350 Mag.BIII 5.7 and it is not underpowered with that engine (at least for me).

The boat is fully loaded, except for the Genny. If you are going to order one, a 5Kw will fit from factory, otherwise, a 3Kw will fit but batteries and water heather will need to be moved to balance the weight.

The exterior look and interior are very well designed, you can stand on your cabin (I am 6 ft tall)

Mine has AC and Heat, Water heather, transom shower, vacuflush, remote spotlight, windlass, tv/dvd combo, sirius radio, of course fridge and cooler, pull-up cleats, copckit cover and full camper canvas, dock water connection, sink and radar arch.

When I get my deal, I included on the price fixed GPS w/carthography and later on I add the satellite weather.

My dealer, took very good care of my delivery, with fast and prompt reply/service when needed.

What else can I tell you, I am a proud and happy Monterey customer, and for sure Monterey will be my next boat.

Answering your question about docking, I had a Maxum 2400 SCR before, year 2000 and it was real hard for me to dock that boat, I had the Alpha I configuration, single engine, single prop. I have the dual prop right now and anchoring my boat is really, really easy to do it, with crew on board and even without. On a calm day, no winds, no current, not a problem, I tried also on a 30 knot wind and I really was impressed of how I get into the dock.

IMO it's a great Performace Cruiser, you have space to fish if you want, by lowering the transom seat, you can tube or sky also if you want, has a good size integrated swiming platform.

Another brief review.

http://www.usboattest.com/boat-guides/express/2008/monterey/270-cr/6786/2008-monterey-270-cr.html

Enjoy your 270CR. Plan on lot's of upkeep for the dark hull sides if you slip the boat.