My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Ocean Oasis

Hatch Door Repair 302CR

The hatch door on my 2001 302CR has become difficult to move. I suspect it runs on trucks and they are worn or broken.

Is there an inspection/repair procedure which identified how to best access the rails and trucks?

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

MM...

Clean the tracks out first. From the cockpit, close the companionway door all the way. Using a garden hose with gentle pressure, let the water run into the door tracks until it fills up and begins flowing back out. This will wash out any debris caught in the track rollers and drain into the cockpit drain at the base of the door. Do this until dirt and debris no longer comes out. Next, while the door is still closed check the screws that hold the track to the bottom of the door itself. There should be three of them (phillips head).

Next, open the door all the way and check the screws holding the slider track down. Tighten all of them. Wipe out the track. When dry, use some WD-40 on the upper and lower tracks.

This cleaning process should be part of your regular preventative maintenance schedule.

When finished, remove the grate on the cockpit drain and clean out the debris that may have gathered there.

Thanks for the procedure. It does look a little grimy in there. I'll work through the procedure and report back.

MM...

Clean the tracks out first. From the cockpit, close the companionway door all the way. Using a garden hose with gentle pressure, let the water run into the door tracks until it fills up and begins flowing back out. This will wash out any debris caught in the track rollers and drain into the cockpit drain at the base of the door. Do this until dirt and debris no longer comes out. Next, while the door is still closed check the screws that hold the track to the bottom of the door itself. There should be three of them (phillips head).

Next, open the door all the way and check the screws holding the slider track down. Tighten all of them. Wipe out the track. When dry, use some WD-40 on the upper and lower tracks.

This cleaning process should be part of your regular preventative maintenance schedule.

When finished, remove the grate on the cockpit drain and clean out the debris that may have gathered there.