My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

2006 Model 282

Thinking of upgrading my 2005 250CR to a new leftover 2006 282. Yes that's right, NEW leftover 2006!!! This boat is loaded to the gills, has twin 5.0 Bravo III's on it. Can anyone out there who has one answer these Q's?

What is the top end?

At cruise any idea on fuel usage..GPH?

Overall impression of the boat?

I have not physically been in the boat yet....just seen pictures and it looks pretty nice. Appears it would be a nice upgrade.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You mean to tell me knowbody has any info on this boat? :(

:lol: I have a 2005 282 which is the same boat. Mine has two Volvo 5.0GLE gas engines and love the boat. HP 220 each and moves well. Very stable and feels like a heavy well ballanced boat. I use mine soly in the ocean and docked in a slip in a harbor in California. I do use a Nutrasalt system to help last a little longer. I guess I could just say love the boat!

:lol: I have a 2005 282 which is the same boat. Mine has two Volvo 5.0GLE gas engines and love the boat. HP 220 each and moves well. Very stable and feels like a heavy well ballanced boat. I use mine soly in the ocean and docked in a slip in a harbor in California. I do use a Nutrasalt system to help last a little longer. I guess I could just say love the boat!

Thank you for the information. The one I'm looking at is Merc powered with Brave III's. I'm sure it's very compatible with the Volvo. What is the top end of your boat? Any idea on fuel efficiency?

"It looks like boatinglife.com has an archieve review on it. It cost a couple of bucks, but they give good reviews."...I checked there and could not find any reviews. Just a small one paragraph article about it.