My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
monterey 242 cruiser

1998 monterey 242 cruiser

Hello Just went on a seatrail on a 1998 monterey 242 cruiser, it was very windy and good chop. She handled very well and pulled good out of hole shot.

My concern is that at full throttle 4500rpm i was only getting 33mph with have a tank of fuel and no water and emtpy waste tank.

I am looking to get some info on this model with 5L merc and alpha one outdrive, the boat was equiped with a 17p prop.

Is there any spec sheets or old brochures for this model and any other concerns with this model would much be appriciated.

Thanks Richard

Hello Just went on a seatrail on a 1998 monterey 242 cruiser, it was very windy and good chop. She handled very well and pulled good out of hole shot.

My concern is that at full throttle 4500rpm i was only getting 33mph with have a tank of fuel and no water and emtpy waste tank.

I am looking to get some info on this model with 5L merc and alpha one outdrive, the boat was equiped with a 17p prop.

Is there any spec sheets or old brochures for this model and any other concerns with this model would much be appriciated.

Thanks Richard

I have a 2000 242 Cruiser with a 5.7 GS 270 hp engine and DP stainless props. With 70 gallons of gas, 20 gallons of water, one Trojan start battery and two SC 225 deep cycle house battery's, a Honda 2000 generator, two adults about 160 lbs each, 1 lab dog at 100 lbs. plus cloths and food for a couple of weeks cruising the San Juan Island and into Canada.

At 3000 rpms I'm doing 23 mph, at 3200 rpm I'm doing 27 mph. At 4000 rpm I'm doing 36 mph. Recorded by my spedo and also a Garmin 740s Chart Plotter.

My boat on my galvanized duel axle trailer ready for 2 weeks cruising in the Puget Sound, Victoria and Sidney Canada and the San Juan Islands weights 8800 lbs.

I've crossed the Strait of San Juan de Fuca with full camper canvas up, with small craft warning, 25 mph winds with gusts to 32 mph, 6 foot swell with 4 foot wind waves coming from Victoria Canada to Port Townsend Washington. My wife broke her ankle in Canada and we had to return to the states and medical attention. I did 15 to 19 mph and got hit by water in the starboard windshield one time. The boat rode like a dream.