My Monterey
torombolo

262 CR wire harness

Afternoon everyone, quick question, does the wire harness from the dash panel (gauges) does it have one master plug, or is it multiple connections at the source?

My question come from the removal of the dash panel, in order to make the installation way easier than the removal was better to install everything outside and just plug back in, but I have not seen a master plug.

Thanks in advance

Afternoon everyone, quick question, does the wire harness from the dash panel (gauges) does it have one master plug, or is it multiple connections at the source?

My question come from the removal of the dash panel, in order to make the installation way easier than the removal was better to install everything outside and just plug back in, but I have not seen a master plug.

Thanks in advance

On my 2000 24.2 everything is wired separate. There isn't a master plug. There's an access panel door right below all of gauges at the helm where all of the wires are located for the panel. Be careful when you raise the panel up, you may unplug some of the gauges. Turn on all of your panel lights just before you reinstall the panel to make sure you didn't unplug any of them. This happened to me and I didn't check before reinstall so I had to raise it all again and replug a speedo light connection.

Good luck.. let us know how you made out.

I have a 2005 Monterey 298 and recently replaced both tachs. In doing so, I removed the dash panel. There wasn't a master plug. We had to individually disconnect each wire. A master plug would have been nice.

Thanks for the reply, we did the removal one by one, just wanted to confirm if there was an easier way to put back in