My Monterey
Bon_Temps

Adding third battery

All

Looking at adding a 3rd battery to my 268SC...has a battery hungry 496 in it. Thinking of moving my current dual batteries over to position 2 and adding a single in position 1 for accessories. Anyone done this already? Any issues with charging with Perko in "All" position?

Thanks

All

Looking at adding a 3rd battery to my 268SC...has a battery hungry 496 in it. Thinking of moving my current dual batteries over to position 2 and adding a single in position 1 for accessories. Anyone done this already? Any issues with charging with Perko in "All" position?

Thanks

I did this and it works well. I have 2 house batteries and 1 starter battery but I can switch these over using my Perko switch so I can use the house batteries to start if the start battery goes flat.

I also carry a Honda 2000 generator, mainly to run the microwave oven but for emergency starting and for extended periods of time on the hook. I'm able to fish and recharge while on the hook.

I also added a "Qwik-Fill" on-board battery watering system that allows me to keep the batteries water level with it should be. My house batteries are hard to get to and a real pain to check the water level in the cells. This system allows me to squeeze a bulb filler and it fills all of the cells to the correct level. When you find it hard to squeeze the bulb, all cells are full..

Getaway,

Thanks...any problems with charging when running on the alternator? Wasn't sure if it would be to much drag on the OEM or if I needed to upgrade.

Getaway,

Thanks...any problems with charging when running on the alternator? Wasn't sure if it would be to much drag on the OEM or if I needed to upgrade.

None at all.