My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
red298sc

pull up cleat 298SC

Any Idea where I can get a replacement pull up cleat for my 2005 298SC.....Hint don't put too much vertical load on these. A guy was helping me and tied it off straight up from the cleat. Instead of a pole down for a vertical load. Now I KNOW.

Not to hi-jack this thread, but what keeps the pull-up cleats locked into their "wells"? One of my cleats pulls completely up and out, while the others seem to have some form of a "back stopper" that prevents this from happening.

The cleat Housing is mounted to the Hull with 9/16 thruhull bolts/nuts with double 2 inch or so stainless fender washers as backing, under each of the two threaded housing mounts. The pull up portion of the cleat is retained within the housing via straightlslotted screw under each pull up point...there is a stainless steel washer and a rubber scraper/grommet above the screw. These do the actual retaining. The aft cleat is not hooked to a drain sump, and the mid ship cleat is by means of friction fit fittings in the lower end of the cleat wells and this is tied to one another and drained into the sumps. Aft cleat was left open, to drain into the engine compartment.

My opine here, but the cleat is so well built as far as the rubber and washer scraper that I can't see a whole lot of water entering through the cleat so its not a big deal for it to be open in the engine compartment.

I would ensure the strait slot retainer bolts get loctited so they never back out if you have one taken apart.

These cleats were also White silicone rubbered in place upon installation, (at factory).