My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
EastCoastB

2007 330 Trim Tab - How do I fix???

Hello East Coast B,

It looks like the caulking needs to be redone. Clean the stains from the bilge with a marine safe rust/stain remover. Remove the screws and clean off the old caulk. Baking soda mixed with water to form a paste is a good way to clean the screws. Replace them if need be. Re-seat with a marine quality sealant. Seal from the inside as well as the outside. They are stainless (meaning "corrosion resistant") but over time when in a high salinity environment, dockage with stray galvanic current, application or removal of bottom paint or a tiny scratch or burr on their heads stainless steel hardware can develop rust and staining.

It is always a good idea to make inspection, cleaning and occasional re-caulking a part of regular preventative maintenance especially in saltwater use.

I have the same problem with my 2005 322. Problem is half of the screw broke about 3/8" below the surface. Trying to figure out how I am going to repair. Glad I found it before we launched this year.