My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
RSUMRTOY2

282CR Fridge/Ice Maker

I saw a picture recently of a 282Cr with a icemaker or fridge built into the rear "wet bar" area. Does anyone know if this is a factory option? If so does someone have info. on type, make model etc...I would love either back there and what about wiring??? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Our 2005 282 was set up with the water line for the ice maker, and AC outlet installed.

The boat did not have an icemaker in the wetbar, but it was an option. I assume it is rigged

from the factory to add the icemaker yourself.

We just added a small fridge to the wetbar, rather than an icemaker. The ice often times tastes

bad after awhile, unless you install a water filter, and flush the unit regularly. Too much hassle for us, and

we really don't use ice in drinks that much. The fridge is a cheap apartment size unit, that is AC only, but

works great while we are connected to shore power, and keeps drinks cold if we don't open it much

for 5 hours on the water. We have the cabin fridge while underway if needed, and also always have a

cooler full of ice on board anyway.

Our 2005 282 was set up with the water line for the ice maker, and AC outlet installed.

The boat did not have an icemaker in the wetbar, but it was an option. I assume it is rigged

from the factory to add the icemaker yourself.

We just added a small fridge to the wetbar, rather than an icemaker. The ice often times tastes

bad after awhile, unless you install a water filter, and flush the unit regularly. Too much hassle for us, and

we really don't use ice in drinks that much. The fridge is a cheap apartment size unit, that is AC only, but

works great while we are connected to shore power, and keeps drinks cold if we don't open it much

for 5 hours on the water. We have the cabin fridge while underway if needed, and also always have a

cooler full of ice on board anyway.

Thank you, this is good news for new visitors.