My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Donny Kwan

Maintenance for Winter

Hi,

I lived in Seattle area and owns 2007/8 214F. I dock and use my boat in the lake for 5 months. This is the time that I need to pull my boat out and store the boat on the trailer outdoor. I would like to seek feedback on the maintenance steps I would do in preparation of winter storage:

1. Clean the green algae off the bull with the cleaner (Blue ? I can't remember the name, but it is a blue gel)

2. Spray off the dirt with water pressure gun.

3. Use Rubbering compound on those area which appers dull.

4. Wax the whole hull with marine wax.

5. Send it to boat dealer for oil change and winterization

Is there any other step that is needed?

Also, I have few other questions:

1. I have red color body and white hull, how do I maintain the gel coat's "brightness"?

2. How oten do I change the anode (Aluminium or Magnesium) on the Volvo Penta Outdrive? i.e. how to tell from looking at the size of the anode.

3. Do I need to paint the Volvo outdrive where the paint peels off. What type of paint and where can I buy the gray color paint?

4. Do I need to do maintenence to the trailer? (EZdrive)

Thanks.

1. I have red color body and white hull, how do I maintain the gel coat's "brightness"? Wax it.

2. How oten do I change the anode (Aluminium or Magnesium) on the Volvo Penta Outdrive? i.e. how to tell from looking at the size of the anode.2 to 3 years or as needed.

3. Do I need to paint the Volvo outdrive where the paint peels off. What type of paint and where can I buy the gray color paint?Paint if you like. Get genuine Volvo OD primer and paint here: http://www.marinepartsexpress.com/paint.htm

4. Do I need to do maintenence to the trailer? (EZdrive)Yes