My Monterey
bunndc

Fire damage

Hello,

My boat was slightly burned by an adjacent boat that had caught fire. The damage looks cosmetic, with the exception of the spotlight, and was wondering if anyone had been through a similar experience. Any suggestions on what I should have checked out? I have read about fiberglass resins losing their integrity when presented with temperature in the 80-100 degree Celsius range. Should I be concerned with the interface between my hull and topside in the bowsprit area? How about issues that may present themselves in a couple of years? Any feedback would be helpful, thanks.

post-13340-12899356026_thumb.jpgpost-13340-128993561449_thumb.jpg

Really sorry to see all that. First things first,get a new survey done to see if the damage has gone beyond cosmetic. Only real thing to do at this point.Not very pretty to look at at this time.

Pepmyster

If you smell any fire/smoke you can run an ozone machine for a day or two to elminate any smells. I would notify my insurance company "just in case". There are time limits to file claims, and I think I would just cover my bet now, then wait till spring and be told...Too late...Good Luck!