My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
bfarr

245 CR trailer weight

Hi folks

Well the purchase went through for the 2003 245 CR.

The boat will be stored until spring.

I want to get an average trailer weight for this boat.

I know that it is listed at either 5800 or 6100lbs dry weight depending on who you talk to.

I want to talk with someone else that owns this or a comparable model to find what their actual weight is on the trailer.

I can do the figures for the fuel and water but the other things I might not anticipate for.

I'm figuring about 7200lbs including the trailer and about 7800 with a full load.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi folks

I know that it is listed at either 5800 or 6100lbs dry weight depending on who you talk to.

I want to talk with someone else that owns this or a comparable model to find what their actual weight is on the trailer.

I can do the figures for the fuel and water but the other things I might not anticipate for.

I'm figuring about 7200lbs including the trailer and about 7800 with a full load.

Thanks

Hello 'bfarr':

This may or may not help however, if you do not have a manual you can down load one for your specific vessel here in the forum under "Cruiser Manuals". You will then need to list all of the options your boat has on it (ie. A/C, type head, # of batteries and so on) and go from there. I have a 2006 250 Cr and it's dry weight with all options is 6,460 lbs. I also have a EZ Loader tandem axle Aluminum Beam trailer rated at 9,400lbs GVWR. I keep the boat in dry storage however, when I bought the boat it came with the trailer and I pulled the boat on it's trailer 300 miles one way and it pulled solid. I also used it a few times before I realized a boat of it's size is challenging to be hauled around each time you go out and can place a strain on ones married status during launching procedures. Thus I secured a covered dry storage at a local marina and after 35 years of marriage, I remain happily married. The one thing I can pass on to you is what ever trailer you decide on, do not go cheep on the tires. Proper size and quality brand of tire may save you a not so good experience while pulling your boat on it's trailer over the road.

Good luck with your 245 CR and happy boating.

Alan

Hi folks

Thanks

I have a 2000 242 CR on an EZ Loader galvanized duel axle trailer with spare tire. It has a 22 lb anchor with 20 feet of chain and 160 feet of rode. Fully loaded with cooking supplies, a full water tank, double Bimini with side and aft curtains, shore power cable, 50 feet of water hose and an EU2000i Honda generator, I tip the scales at 7100 lbs. weight at a truck scale.