My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
kfp673

Clean a slipped boat

Hello All. I have a 2006 248LS. This is my second summer with it and I am wondering what others do to clean / detail a boat when it is wet slipped. I dont own a trailer so I cant pull it out. Do you use the spray cleaner / wax? Do you jump in and scrub the outside or dont worry about the outside? I do a full detail at the begining of each year and try to keep up with it but it is a struggle. What do you do?

We have a 2004 248LS that will stay in the water; just got it a couple months ago. Following what several of our friends do, we actually have a diver for the bottom, but about every two months we'll float around and do the one step wax/cleaner on the hull. The topsides gets a similar treatment about the same time. The SoCal sun beats down pretty hard so we plan to try to stay ahead of it. We have a bow cover and cockpit cover so the inside stays pretty clean, but every couple months we plan to use the same one step cleaner/wax after a good rinse. The vinyl we'll probably clean once a season and use the conditioner on it.

We have been going around the boat in an inflatable boat. I see others in the harbor floating on paddle boards around the boat cleaning the hull. I use a wash mitt that is on a telescoping rod. Fortunately we have a trailer, so we can pull and clean if needed.

We always took our cruisers to the sandbar, or shallow water, used a brush to get the growth off. Waxed in the slip, doing dockside first, then turning boat around to wax the other side.