My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
argonaut

What drive ratio ? 194fs

Can anybody advise what the Alpha Drive ration is on a 2010 194fs

The engine is 4.3MPI Mercury

Help with my quest to identify correct prop ..... it could be 1.47, 1.62 or 1.81

Drive ratio is printed on the drive. You just need to look for it.

Likely it is 1.81. But anyway.... the first place to look is for the decal on the port side of the drive shaft housing.

It will have a number like (1.81R) and then the serial #. The 2nd place to look is on the universal joint splined yoke. It will

be identified with a letter. "D" is 1.81, "F" is 1.47, "C" is 1.62

Or you can just contact Mercruiser customer service with your drive serial number, and they will tell you what it is.

Likely it is 1.81. But anyway.... the first place to look is for the decal on the port side of the drive shaft housing.

It will have a number like (1.81R) and then the serial #. The 2nd place to look is on the universal joint splined yoke. It will

be identified with a letter. "D" is 1.81, "F" is 1.47, "C" is 1.62

Or you can just contact Mercruiser customer service with your drive serial number, and they will tell you what it is.

Drive Ser No. is 1A241445 so wasn't sure how that fitted in with your letters above

However it did finally got me to the answer .... it's a 1.62 :)

Glad you were able to figure it out. Enjoy your boat !!

Hey Argo,

I just bought a 204FS, which is pretty much the same as the 194FS. I got into some shallow water off Destin, FL a few week ago and really "honned" my aluminum prop. I am also looking for a SS 4 or 5 blade prop and wanted to see where you landed on your research and what you decided to go with.

Thanks,

Chris

Stock prop for the 194FS/204FS is a 14-1/2 x 19 or 21 (3) blade aluminum, depending on where you boat. If you go to a 4 blade, drop down to 20 pitch.

I'm happy with the 14-1/2 x 21 (3) blade on our 204. For watersports and holeshot, a 4 blade may be better for you, but you will lose a couple mph at WOT.