My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
argonaut

MTK Tower of Monterey 194/204 fs

Thinking of getting a Monster MTK tower fitted .... the reverse angle seems to look so much better than the usual Tower strut clutter around the screen,

I have seen one on a 224 FS and it looked great ...

If anyone has one on a 194/204FS care to share a pic .... so I can figure out where to put this.

Argo- just curious if you ordered the MTK for your boat? I'd love to see a pic and see exactly where you mounted it. I'm considering same for mine.

thx.

Argo- just curious if you ordered the MTK for your boat? I'd love to see a pic and see exactly where you mounted it. I'm considering same for mine.

thx.

I have ordered the Tower ... being fitted first week of March.

It's the MTK .... it is a superb Tower, and one was fitted on the Monterey I 'test rode' (can send pic of that if you want)

As I have to have my SkySki rack fitted, Tower dealer has my rack and has modified fitting in advance to suit the 2.5" tubing.

I'll be happy to share pic once fitted.

Argo, sure would like to see pics of your install of the MTK tower and any other sample pics of that tower. Also, any issues with the install? Did they have the access they needed or did they have to cut a hole to gain access to mount the tower?

thanks in advance.

eric

eric.jacobsen66@gmail.com

I pick the boat up tomorrow .. they said coming panels came off easily giving them full access.

They commenetd that gunwale thickness was around 1/2" and solid, exact opposite of Regal done earlier in the week .... they still fully glassed in backing supports.

Thanks...I'm having the MTK installed in 2 weeks on my 194. I took one of the side panels off and it didn't give access to underside of hull.(there was fiberglass wall behind the panel) Mine is a few years older than yours, so perhaps they are built different. I took the speaker out and it provides some access, but I am afraid on mine they'll have to cut a small hole to get the access they need.

Good to hear the hull thickness is good. I think my installer is going to add marine grade plywood under the mounting brackets for added support.