My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
TexasAggie

Possible Vandalism Nightmare...Help!!

I get an emergency call today from the marina. It seems that somehow, my boat ended up sliding off the lift, into the water, and was located on the other side of Lake Lewisville. Hats off to Pier 121 (upon finding it with no one aboard ) for towing it back and storing in in an adjacent slip.

As a result of this "Ghost Ship," there's now SEVERE exterior damage to both sides of the boat, including huge gashes in the gelcoat as well as ripped pin striping. The whole vessel may need repainting and I haven't even been able to look at the sterndrive (no lift in the temporary slip) for damage in the event it scraped the bottom. My fear is that someone pulled the rings from the lift causing it to fail.

268105376_905713281_0-1.jpg

268105008_905711947_0-1.jpg

I had the boat tied to the dock as well....ropes were loosened or had become loose, and therefore, rendered themselves useless (sorry, no boat pics yet).

Here's my concern, and this is where I need your help:I'm insured with Progressive and have never had a claim. Has anyone worked with them before, and is this type of thing covered?? I read the policy and it seems as though I'll be fine, but I'm sickened to think that this happened. Any thoughts before I call the agent when he opens? :(

I get an emergency call today from the marina. It seems that somehow, my boat ended up sliding off the lift, into the water, and was located on the other side of Lake Lewisville. Hats off to Pier 121 (upon finding it with no one aboard ) for towing it back and storing in in an adjacent slip.

As a result of this "Ghost Ship," there's now SEVERE exterior damage to both sides of the boat, including huge gashes in the gelcoat as well as ripped pin striping. The whole vessel may need repainting and I haven't even been able to look at the sterndrive (no lift in the temporary slip) for damage in the event it scraped the bottom. My fear is that someone pulled the rings from the lift causing it to fail.

268105376_905713281_0-1.jpg

268105008_905711947_0-1.jpg

I had the boat tied to the dock as well....ropes were loosened or had become loose, and therefore, rendered themselves useless (sorry, no boat pics yet).

Here's my concern, and this is where I need your help:I'm insured with Progressive and have never had a claim. Has anyone worked with them before, and is this type of thing covered?? I read the policy and it seems as though I'll be fine, but I'm sickened to think that this happened. Any thoughts before I call the agent when he opens? :(

I would think you will be fully covered by Progressive without any problems. I had a hail claim on both my vehicles, and there were no questions asked whatsoever. Very good service.

I would think you will be fully covered by Progressive without any problems. I had a hail claim on both my vehicles, and there were no questions asked whatsoever. Very good service.

You're right...Progressive was amazing!!. They authorized a complete new paint job since the Caribbean Blue is so hard to match. I can't speak highly enough about them.