My Monterey
snosptz

2000 262 Monterey 5.7 Merc - Water Temperature

I have a 2000 262 Monterey with a 5.7 Mercrusier with a Bravo III. I am in the midwest so I am in freshwater. I some times get my alarm to go off for only a short 2 to 4 secends and I'm not sure why. The water temperature at its highest is 175 degrees. Most of the time is runs slightly below 175. I am trying to decide if this is what is making the alarm go off. Maybe 175 is right on the edge of setting off the alarm. What should my temperature be? Can anyone help me?? <_<

I have a 2000 262 Monterey with a 5.7 Mercrusier with a Bravo III. I am in the midwest so I am in freshwater. I some times get my alarm to go off for only a short 2 to 4 secends and I'm not sure why. The water temperature at its highest is 175 degrees. Most of the time is runs slightly below 175. I am trying to decide if this is what is making the alarm go off. Maybe 175 is right on the edge of setting off the alarm. What should my temperature be? Can anyone help me?? <_<

Hi there,

Please tell me if that´s fahreneits if so than it´s the correct temperature normally a mercruiser motor like yours or mine work at 90º the alarm can go off by many reasons (or combined with other things), in any case what you should do is to talk to a mercruiser dealer for him to check why that happens.

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi there,

Please tell me if that´s fahreneits if so than it´s the correct temperature normally a mercruiser motor like yours or mine work at 90º the alarm can go off by many reasons (or combined with other things), in any case what you should do is to talk to a mercruiser dealer for him to check why that happens.

Ride with your heart

Marfi

Hi there,

My runs at 175 but i change to fresh water system ( like seacore) but averyone i know tell me that it should be around 175

Ride with your heart

Marfi