My Monterey
tbirt 214

214 performance

I just bought a 214 with a 5.0L. it has a 19 pitch aluminum prop. on my other boat i have a 21pitch SS. i'm wondering if anyone has experience about the performance of the 214 with a 21 or 19 SS prop.

Ive just bought a 214fs with merc 260HP(2005) and it came with a 21" on it and a 23" spare. The 21 was a bit "dinged"but it seemed to go ok. I only went out for 15 mins because if was freezing but bright, the ice was blowing off the front of the boat!!. My dealer said it should have a 21 on it, this forum says a 19? dont know if to buy a 19 or wait till spring when i can try the boat a bit more.

Not sure if this will help but my 2007 214FS has an alloy 14.5 x 19 (rh) prop. The engin is a 270 hp Volvo 5.0 litre with SX outdrive. I have had 53 mph from it with 3 people on-board and half a tank. I was told by a good s/s prop vendor at a boat show that a stainless prop could give a further 5-10% improvement.

There are several websites with prop pitch and size calculators. I have tried to get info from Volvo and Monterey. Volvo referred me to a dealer and Monterey haven't responded as far as I can see.