My Monterey
TomD

Switching from Searay to Monterey!

Hi All,

Just bought our first Monterey. Taking delivery of a 2009 300 scr this week. Nice boat, only 90 hours on the engines and even less on the generator. We have actually been Searay owners for the past several years (270 Sundeck) and wanted to move up to a larger cruiser.

We looked at all the products offered from Searay in various sizes (290,300,310) and several different years. We first saw the Montereys at a boat show in Boston and really liked the quality, pricing and overall look and feel of the Monterey.

In our opinion (for what its worth), the Monterey is a much nicer optioned out boat as compared to Searay in the same category. Our marina is full of Searays of course, but I think that just has to do with people following one another and lack of information.

My guess is once my fellow boaters get a look at the 300, they will soon all be looking toward a Monterey.

Boat goes in the water at end of week, will let you know how our first few weeks goes.

Tom and Denise.

TomD,

We also have just switched from a 1987 Searay 250 to a 2001 Monterey 282. Although not even launched yet I like what I see so far, so I too have to trade in my Searay hat for a Monterey one.

You will both embrace the switch from Sea Ray. We had a 282 for our last boat, and it was best in class for it's size, without a doubt.

Hello, dont forget the pictures!!! once you got it.

I have a 262, my first boat and before buying was looking only at Sea Ray, well a year after I have to say NO disappointment on my choice, Im sure you will enjoy your new Monterey's

I have a 2005 Montura 248LS. It is my first boat and I also was looking only at Sea Ray, since that was the boat of choice of most of my friends. I have only had it in the water since June 15th, I am very pleased with it. Enjoy your new Monterey. My Sea Ray friends all like it and feel the seating layout is much better than Sea Ray.