My Monterey
johnydi

Alarm keeps beeping but everything reads normal...need help please

2000 262 cruiser with a 5.7 mercruiser engine....after operating boat for about 20 minutes the warning alarm keeps beeping loudly, the engine temp read 160F the oil pressure is normal at 40 psi, the voltage is normal at 13 volts or so...I can't figure out why this beeping occurs, the depth gauge does not work and I keep it in the off position but the beeping is non stop, really cannot use the boat until this is corrected, it is very annoying, any advice as to what could be causing this?

Your float in your drive lube reservoir is likely stuck. Pull the wires from it and see if the beep stops.

If so, order a new one. Common wear and tear item on Merc's

I have a 2001 240ES and had a similar problem that turned out to be from low gear lube oil (different from the motor oil) see pics. Hope this helps you. 

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

I know that engine, there is some sensors on that engine, maybe is a faulty sensor, if all levels are correct and the gauges show everything normal, proprably is a sensor.

Call a Mercruiser dealer with a cable to connect to the engine and read the error.

I have this on my GPS, so if any problem occurs on the engine i recibe the info with the code and fix if available

turns out it was the stern drive reservoir float that was reading the incorrect oil level, alarm buzzer is gone now....you guys really know your stuff, thanks

On 8/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, tucker Hollander said:

I have the same problem with the alarm sounding and all systems good. Can anyone tell me what SAL code on my depth finder stands for?

Are you in saltwater? And what does that guy have to hook it to his GPS?  Where do I get one?

I own a 2008 Crownline 26' 494 and Volve xs out drive.  end of summer last year engine shut down at high speeds. Thought it might be impeller. serviced the boat this year. ran good for 1 day. then DASH SENSOR went on and off.   then final the engine sensor starting doing same thing.

Repair shop says it the DEPTH FINDER on the dash and I need to reset it???? cant he do that???how is the done.

They say the gear oil keeps getting an air bubble. They gave me back boat say I have to fill while Im driving boat and blow bubble out...

Does this sound right?

Michael Camero

4th year in a row our Monterey M5 350 Mag MPI is miss firing same long warning code above 3000 RPM, reduced power to beep per minute.  Same code and has misfire underload (most of this detail is from text message from my husband) . 2019, 2020, 2021 same repair of Cap, Rotor, Plugs but Plug wires added last year and it clears codes and runs fine.  We get back on the water the rest of season until next July.  Here we are again, same problem and leave for our 10 day lake vacation on the 8th.  Obviously the same repair is not working but it has been around $700.00 each July for the same repairs.  Can anyone assist.  My husband is working late so I am just trying to help research the best I can.